Vulnerability is not weakness; it our greatest measure of courage. –Brene’ Brown
Hello. my name is Philip Yassenoff, and if you choose to work with me, I will aim to understand and appreciate your unique perspective on your life and the world. Here are a few of the beliefs I have about this work:
- We are always striving to come to terms with our past, while building a meaningful life in the present.
- Each of us has developed hard-won strengths, even if we are not fully aware of how to tap into them.
- A good connection/therapeutic relationship is at the heart of good therapy.
- If we learn to pay attention to the present, embracing our complexity, growth can happen more easily.
- We all have problems, but we are not defined by them. We are more than that.
- One of the best things about therapy is developing a new perspective on yourself and experiencing the freedom that can come from that.
- I believe that you can learn to heal, connect with others safely, and make your own decisions–regardless of the path that brought you here.
I have extensive experience as a Licensed Professional Counselor, working with about every issue you can imagine. In addition, I am a certified Gestalt Therapist, have taught Motivational Interviewing to other counselors, and am a Certified Gambling Addiction Counselor. I truly enjoy my work, and I recognize that doing my own “work” is essential if I am to be effective.
…I look forward to working with you, to learning from you, and hopefully you’ll learn from me too.
I’m an advocate for work/life balance. So, I’ve set up my schedule, striving to be available to you, and also being fully invested in my own family life. One thing you’ll see me do is to try to practice what I preach. Again, I look forward to meeting you.
Phone: 503-659-3480 ext. 2