Job Title: Clinical Mental Health Therapist
Reports to: Owner and/or Clinical Director
Location: Milwaukie, OR
FLSA Status: Part-time, non-exempt
Salary: $35-60 per hour
Trellis Counseling is a community of helping professionals working with individuals who’ve experienced trauma to enhance the mental wellbeing of kids, adults, families, and couples in our community. We are a fun, dynamic, and collaborative group of clinicians who value working collaboratively and helping improve the health and wellness of our communities.
Clinical therapist will provide outpatient individual and group therapy to clients of Trellis Counseling in Milwaukie. Clinical therapy services include treatment of adults, adolescents, couples and families. Treatment specialties may include: children, couples, trauma, EMDR, family, etc.
- Perform on-site clinical counseling services to clients of Trellis Counseling, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies
- Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work is required
- Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Trellis Counseling
- Respond to clients’ requests for service or calls within 48 business hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail or through the Trellis Counseling website. Respond to such requests by meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such clients
- Communicate with a client’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary
- Timely complete written records for each client including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Trellis Counseling or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the client within a timely fashion (by Friday of each week). Keep client files accurate and up to date
- Charge and collect payments from clients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by Trellis Counseling
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by Trellis Counseling
- Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of Trellis Counseling
- Be respectful of, cooperative and collaborative with co-workers
- Other duties which may be assigned by Trellis Counseling
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling or social work
- Must hold an active, unrestricted license (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LMFT or LCPC) in the State of Oregon. A copy must be provided to Trellis Counseling
- Prior experience in a private practice setting as a skilled therapist
- At least three years’ experience post-unrestricted licensure
- Have at least one niche market for counseling services (i.e., children, teens, trauma, anxiety, grief, anger management, etc.)
- Must be trained and practiced in working with adults who have experienced trauma
- Available to hold at least 15 client sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Trellis Counseling
- To be ethically sound, with a good reputation and references to match
- Professional and confident in your abilities
- Must be able to align with company mission and values
- Excellent computer skills – must know MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Must possess positive and friendly attitude
- Ability to work under pressure in certain cases
- Sitting most of the time
Expected Hours of Work:
Schedule may vary depending on client and Trellis Counseling needs. Hours may include some nights and/or weekends. Minimum number of sessions are not guaranteed as they vary from week to week. However, it is expected that the Therapist will be available to hold at least 15 client sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Trellis Counseling.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and a brief introduction video using the form below.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.