Mental Health Therapist
Trellis Counseling is a community of helping professionals working with individuals who’ve experienced trauma to enhance the mental well-being of adults, families, and couples in our community. We are a fun, dynamic, and collaborative group of clinicians who value working collaboratively and helping improve the health and wellness of our communities.
Clinical therapist will provide outpatient individual therapy in-person and/or remotely to clients of Trellis Counseling. Clinical therapy services include treatment of adults, and possible adolescents, couples and families (depending on clinician’s training and interests). Treatment specialties may include: couples, trauma, EMDR, family, etc.
About Trellis Counseling: Here at Trellis Counseling, we believe in creating the best atmosphere for our clients and employees.
At Trellis Counseling, our mission is to provide excellent care to our clients and team members like a trellis supporting a flourishing plant, while upholding the values of unequivocal excellence, compassion with honesty and integrity, and a deep understanding of the value of our reputation.
We strive to create a welcoming and fun environment that fosters personal and professional growth for our team members, and ensures our clients receive the highest quality care. Through our commitment to these principles, we aim to create a positive impact on the mental health and well-being of our clients and the community we serve.
Our Values: Trellis Counseling lives by the core values of Excellence, Care & Compassion, Reputation, Growth, and Enjoyment that guide who we are as a team and how we present to our communities. We hire staff who bring these values to life.
Creating strong relationships: Building strong, meaningful relationships is a basic need for all of us. It’s a hallmark of our business to promote strong, lasting bonds within our team and to work collaboratively.
Invest in quality: We’re committed to providing the best atmosphere for our clients and our team. Our commitment is seen in our beautiful workspace for our employees and a comforting space for our clients and in offering the extra touches like coffee + tea station, and a collaborative environment for our team. We promote continued education for our clinicians through a training reimbursement program in evidence-based practices so clients can feel safe knowing their therapist is always growing in their skill.
Promoting inclusion: We promote hiring clinicians of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and specialties to better serve the diverse and unique experience of our clients. It’s also important that our office promotes a foundation of diversity, equity, and inclusivity in its culture and practice.
- Perform on-site or remote clinical counseling services to clients of Trellis Counseling, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies
- Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work is required
- Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Trellis Counseling
- Respond to clients’ requests for service or calls within 48 business hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail or through the Trellis Counseling website. Respond to such requests by meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such clients
- Communicate with a client’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary
- Timely complete written records for each client including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Trellis Counseling or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the client within a timely fashion (by Friday of each week). Keep client files accurate and up to date
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by Trellis Counseling
- Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of Trellis Counseling
- Be respectful of, cooperative and collaborative with co-workers
- Other duties which may be assigned by Trellis Counseling
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling or social work
- Must hold an active, unrestricted license (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LMFT or LPC) in the State of Oregon. Pre-licensed clinicians who meet the other qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Must be located and licensed in Oregon.
- Must be trained and practiced in working with adults who have experienced trauma
- Available to hold at least 25 client sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Trellis Counseling
- To be ethically sound, with a good reputation and references to match
- Professional and confident in your abilities
- Must be able to align with company mission and values
- Excellent computer skills – must know MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Must possess positive and friendly attitude
- Ability to work under pressure in certain cases
Nice, but not required:
- Prior experience in a private practice setting as a skilled therapist
- Sitting most of the time
Expected Hours of Work:
Schedule may vary depending on client and Trellis Counseling needs. Hours may include some nights and/or weekends. Minimum number of sessions are not guaranteed as they vary from week to week. However, it is expected that the Therapist will be available to schedule 25 client sessions per week with an average of 80% completion rate, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Trellis Counseling.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $78,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Choose your own hours
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Private practice
- Do you reside in Oregon?
- Master’s (Required)
- LCSW, CSWA, LPC, Registered Counseling Associate in OR (Required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Clackamas, OR: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person